Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Blog is a dumb word

It really is. You know what is worse? Blogosphere. Who came up with this concept? Stupid stuff like this has kept me from being a "blogger" for a while, but I finally decided to give it a try. I have a lot of random thoughts I'd like to share and plenty of time to do it now. Of course, I'm limited by the fact that I don't have the internets at home and have to go to the public library to do this. Let me tell you, if you haven't been in the public library in a while, things have changed since I was a kid. Strange things are going down amongst the stacks, but that is a story for a later date.
I figured I'd start by telling you what my favorite topics of discussion are, up front, so if you don't want to read about those things you'll know to leave right now.

I like food. I like cooking food, eating food, watching shows about cooking, reading recipe books and magazines. I talk about local restaurants here in Sacramento, recent things I've tried cooking, questions I have about food, and my favorite cooks.

I also like sports. Almost all sports. I'm kind of a sports nerd. I like to play fantasy sports, I watch the drafts, pay attention to minor league prospects, college sports, and obscure sports as well. Except Soccer. I don't get soccer, and I don't care to try any more. It bores me. I'd much rather watch the Spelling Bee on ESPN2 then a soccer game.

I'm really into TV. I like lots of different shows and I like to talk about them. Mostly, it's reality tv. Some shows that I follow fanatically...Survivor, The Amazing Race, Top Chef, Hell's Kitchen, Lost, Big Brother, Real World/Road Rules, VH1 Celebreality, Nip/Tuck, and many more...but I'm running out of time here at the Library.

Politics. Love it. I'm a junky. I'm trying to find work in the field, so if you're hiring, let me know. State Politics, Local politics, National, global, everything. I'm a democrat, liberal, bleeding-heart, whatever you want to call it. I'd like to see Gore get into the race, but until then, I'm supporting Obama.

So anyways, just a brief intro. More later.

No comments: